Monday, July 26, 2010

Respect is earned not imposed!

Image Source: MS Powerpoint clip-art
Why do people work? Answers were so obvious yet I keep on asking the same question over and over again. Hell, I don't need to enumerate them all here and besides anyone knows the reason. But for me, earning a living isn't the only why people should stay on their job and be committed to death for the benefit of the corporation (well it's my reason).

From the time I earned my degree, I worked for few companies only. I'm counting years because I am making sure that I am engaging in a kind of work that I love to do and I like the people I work with (not at first but eventually). I have respects to my superiors. The positions they held themselves gives them the right to be respected. But what a great "great due respect" it would be if subordinates respect you not because of the position but because of the kind of person you are. I may understand that higher positions means big  huge responsibilities, yes!!! more stress yet they shouldn't forget how is it to be human. You couldn't rant like the hell is on your shoulder just because you are pissed off with few of your people. What about those who doesn't deserve your wrath and work all their way to the office and rendered their service even with some compromises at stake. Oh BIG BOSSES you can't be so foolish like that! If you want the team to be professional in all aspects, be an example to them. Scold only those who did the mistake and do it the nice way. Remember, "any words no matter how bad it is when said in the nicest way possible will look good than good words said in high tone".

0 comments:

Post a Comment